This is v3.4.1 of hakchi2 CE. This release should be ready to handle the new 2018 models of Nintendo NES/SNES minis (NES 2018 rerelease and Shounen Jump special edition Famicom). It also incorporates a more stable and versatile network discovery mode, mDNS, which is, incidentally, the main reason for another important version jump.
- Fix command lines of Shounen Jump original games
- Remove obsolete now unused console settings Enable USB host and Use extended font
- Update Font Remount hmod, including a new font with more characters
- Add /info user directory where one can add libretro .info files for custom cores
- Fix a bug that prevented readmes from appearing correctly in Select modules form
- Update hakchi.hmod core scripts:
- mDNS announce service
- flash uboot should work fine now
- Fix games not checking in some games collections when adding games and Separate games storage is disabled
- Fix export games on Shounen Jump silently failing
- Add some safeguards on Tools -> Switch running firmware
- Add some amazing user submitted (on Discord server) folder images
- Reworked the internals handling NES/SNES mini detection on the network, hopefully for the best
- Removed PING listener; add DNS resolve listener
- Longer timeouts in MemoryStats.cs to allow for very large game collections
- Fix firmware switching causing issues over wifi
Removed blacklisted hmods from user_mods
Memboots (kernel and modules operations) will always use up-to-date boot.img now.
- Improvements to flashing/uninstall messages.
- Added MD5 of new 2017 re-released NES mini and Shounen Jump Famicom mini.
- hakchi.hmod: Fixed some cases of MD5 checksum fail.
- hakchi.hmod: p0000_config was being reset on hmod install/uninstall.
- Fixed listener would get “stuck” when all ping attemps would fail.
- Fixed window icon of WaitingForShellCycleForm.
- Fixed SSH listener would not release resources properly on ping fails.
- Fixed out of bounds number on size indicator.
- Savestate manager: should not erase non-standard save folders anymore (used by retroarch for instance).
- Savestate manager: Increased timeout values.
- Core selecter: clicking Show all for systems should update core list accordingly.
- Linked export/linked sync would rename CLV-* names to uppercase and this caused issues with .desktop links.
- New games added were not checked by default in other games collections.
- Game Genie: clicking on + when the text box is empty should not cause an exception anymore.
- Internal changes to libraries.
- SharpCompress + tiny7z instead of 7z.dll.
- LibUsbDotNet from official source instead of copied wholesale.
- GitHub forks of ProgressODoom instead of copied wholesale.
- Added Shounen Jump games list.
- Kernel flashing should now work properly on Shounen Jump systems (no ramdisk).
- Show in explorer and Delete options are added to Modules selector.
- Allow reinstalling modules.
- Games cache doesn’t rely on hardcoded lists anymore.
- New option: Always copy original games, when enabled, only cached original games are allowed, and when exporting/syncing, they are
copied instead of linked.
- Autoplay/pixelart folders should now be copied and linked properly on linked sync.
- When Separate for multiboot is unchecked, user is locked into connected console type.
- Reload games after selecting new cores in Core selector.
- Reload games after updating original games cache.
- Restrict alphanumerical characters in Add custom app dialog, also fixes an exception.
- Software should function normally (not crash) even with a custom hakchi image with no original games.
- New option: Separate local games storage, which when unchecked, stores all games in the same /games folder, instead of splitted in
/games and /games_snes.
- New option: Convert SNES ROMS to SFROM, allows controlling whether or not hakchi2 CE will convert added SNES games to SFROM or
- New option: Add games as is in Files menu. This option skips file content detection on compressed games.
- New option: Tools > Switch running firmware, allows switching currently running firmware on your NES/SNES mini.
- Clovershell is now officially outdated. When hakchi2 CE connects to your NES/SNES mini using Clovershell protocol, emulated FTP and
synchronization are disabled.
- Increased waiting period when rebooting.
- Fix uboot flashing.
- Prevent reloading recovery image when already in recovery mode.
- Internal changes to allow compiling on Mono (still not 100% functioning, but compiles).
- Add German translation.
- Modstore: fix refresh functionality.
- Modstore: add alphabetical sorting.
- Add Rock’n’roll Racing and Tetris & Dr.Mario ips patches.
- Update to libretro *.info files, using TheOtherGuys official Retroarch repository.